Monday, July 04, 2011

Reflections from Hannah.......










First going into the trip, I honestly didn’t know what to expect. All I knew to do was to hope for the best, but what I got instead was so much more than I could have ever thought possible. Bonds were made with team members, staff members, and children, but also with Honduras itself. The country and its people as a whole are a blessing and a privilege to be apart of and I feel like they impacted me more than I was capable of impacting them. It’s curious how God uses us to bless one another, and when he does there’s not a better feeling in the world, even if it’s just an unexpected smile, a hug, or tiger puppet craft.

Although this HEAL Ministries trip was the best trip I’ve ever been on, it was also the hardest to say goodbye to. One week just isn’t gonna cut it next year. You fall in love with the colors, the constantly changing sky, the people and so much more that leaving it behind doesn’t feel natural. I don’t want to wait a whole year before going back! Honduras brought me closer to God and gave me a knew perspective on what I should do/ how I should live my life. The experiences and lessons of going to Honduras were like squeezing toothpaste out of the tube; once it’s out you cant put it back. Now that I’ve gone and learned all that I have, I know I can only go up from here.

-Hannah Ruff

No comments:

Post a Comment

About H.E.A.L. Ministries...

My photo
H.E.A.L.’s vision is to bring hope and healing to widows, orphans, and abandoned women and children in a Christ-centered environment. HEAL Ministries was founded on James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."