Monday, June 04, 2012

A message from Lynley - HEAL'S summer 2012 intern

 It is amazing to see what a ministry can do in just 6 months. I am taken back by the relationships Tina has made with the people here in Jinja. The children at Amani absolutely love going to her preschool every morning and the improvement they are making is unbelievable. They are able to read and spell their own names and they are beginning to learn to read different words. The children at Canaan look forward to the crafts each week that Tina will bring. The women in Masese trust Tina with their lives and open up to her like they have known her their whole lives. Just seeing her walk up, makes their day. The teenagers at the Pregnancy Crisis Center love showing their new babies to Tina and Tina cares for them just like they are her own children. The vision that HEAL has for the permanent plans in Uganda, combines everything that is close to Tina's heart.
      
 Many times people say, "Oh, going there will make you realize all that you have." I have come to realize that is so wrong. When I am here, I realize all I lack. I lack the faith and trust that the people here have in the Lord. I lack the heart felt kind of relationships that the children and adults hold with each other.  I lack the way they cherish every day and all it has to offer. I lack the sincerity in their smiles. I lack the understanding they have of the love of the Lord. Yes, I have more material things that  the children here do, but really what does that matter? When the Lord sees us, we are all the exact same: helpless and in utter need of a Savior. I think that is what humbles me most when I am here is that I am just the same as the people here.      



 While I am here, I truly see the heart our God has for His children. The children here are so happy and thankful for whatever attention they can be given. All the songs they sing whether in the village or in the orphanages are all glorifying God. Many times I feel like God is the only thing they are sure of. I am jealous of this kind of faith. Often times, I am sure of everything but the Lord's providence in my life. Coming here, truly puts everything in order for me.
       HEAL Ministries is doing incredible things here and there are so many people who are and will be blessed by what this Ministry continues to do! God is so good and the evidence here is proof of that.



“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.”


Saint Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment

About H.E.A.L. Ministries...

My photo
H.E.A.L.’s vision is to bring hope and healing to widows, orphans, and abandoned women and children in a Christ-centered environment. HEAL Ministries was founded on James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."