Sunday, March 18, 2012

The importance of Family

I was so excited to greet some of the HEAL Ministries board of directors and advisors at the Entebbe airport. It is so exciting and rewarding for all of them to see first-hand what I have been describing for two years. We hope to have much prayer, much discussion, much prayer, much research, much prayer, and answers.

We started off by going to the Watoto Church in Kampala today. The church is so wonderful and alive and full of the holy spirit and started our week off exactly how we wanted: with the emphasis on God and family. The pastor brought up several couples to announce their holy matrimony and wedding dates. I love that the church emphasizes the family, marriage and the importance of commitment and vows. This is exactly what the country of Uganda needs: family emphasis and intervention. A definite revival is going on here. Despite the negative that you may hear, God is at work! We watched an altar call of about 50 people walking down to accept the Lord - the pastor told of thousands across the 7 various churches that have recently committed their lives to Christ. We have new people added daily to the Kingdom of God - yes, God is at work! The angels are rejoicing over the new family members.




On the 2 hour ride from Kampala to Jinja, I was reflecting on the powerful sermon at this church. I thought about the important message of family and discipline. We are all born with family members and we have this incredible family of believers that God has given us. And I looked around and saw my son, Trey (my natural family) taking a day off of work to help me pick up our God given family - the Heal Ministries board of directors and advisors. I am blessed. God has granted me these wonderful people to walk with me, to journey with me, to keep me accountable, to encourage me, to love me well and to show me what real family and friendships mean. The body of Christ is so wonderful and I am going to bed very happy tonight because I truly know the importance of family.

HEAL Family Present this week:
Kevin Hagan, Chairman of the Board,
Dan Proctor, Director of the James Project
Valerie Mowery and Dee Anne Proctor - Co - Executive Directors
Marti Scudder and Steve Lorenz - Board Advisors

I'm excited to see what the HEAL family learns from God this week and just as excited to write about it..............
to be continued!

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven."




1 comment:

  1. So, so glad our HEAL team made it safely there! cannot wait to see all that God is going to do in and through each of them! Wish I were there, too, but my time is coming! God is good ALL the time and truly it is apparent He is moving in Uganda! Praise be to God! Love you all and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

About H.E.A.L. Ministries...

My photo
H.E.A.L.’s vision is to bring hope and healing to widows, orphans, and abandoned women and children in a Christ-centered environment. HEAL Ministries was founded on James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."