Monday, January 28, 2013

Reflections from Recent Team Members

Here are the team reflections through the eyes of the team members:

"It is hard to put into words how incredible the past three weeks have been. To have been able to serve on a HEAL ministries team has been such a privilege and a blessing. Over the course of the trip, my eyes were opened to the magnitude of God's unconditional love. 





To have been immersed in a culture so openly loving and welcoming of me, an utter stranger, has demonstrated to me the loving acceptance of the Lord. To have had the ability to serve alongside and fellowship with the rest of my HEAL team members has been inspiring, to say the least. I am so thankful and in awe of the work HEAL ministries is doing in Jinja. The importance HEAL places on building relationships with the Ugandan community has led to lifelong friends between the two. It has already left permanent impact on the people of Jinja, who never for a second take for granted the love and fellowship shown to them by HEAL. I cannot wait to return to Jinja as soon as possible to see the continued work and growth of this awesome ministry!"

Becca Morris, Harpeth Hall Winterim 2013 Team
______________________________________________________________

"Being a part of a HEAL ministries team was truly a blessing and an experience that I will never forget. Being half way around the world in a completely foreign environment sounds intimidating and somewhat scary but on the trip I felt so safe and loved that my anxiety for the trip quickly diminished. It is so evident that The Lord has his hand over HEAL by their mission as well as how they build relationships with the people of Uganda and show them God's love through their actions as well as their words.


I learned the value of strong relationships and how much the small things you do for others can impact them in a big way. I also learned that God works in incredible ways, has blessed all of his children, has laid out a perfect and flawless plan for each of us, and has a holy and powerful love that we can never fully understand. On the trip I saw God's love and mercy in ways I never had before and I am truly blessed to have seen how he has worked in the people in Uganda (both the missionaries and the Ugandans). Seeing the people of Uganda so on fire for The Lord was incredible and I am so thankful I was able to see that. My experience with HEAL was truly indescribable and I would not change a single thing about the amazing journey!"


Maddie Dugan, Harpeth Hall Winterim 2013 team


_____________________________________________


This trip to Uganda has been the greatest use of my time. I cannot think of anything I have enjoyed more in my whole life. This trip has taught me that there is more to life than just me. It has taught me that there are other people in this world who lead an extremely different lifestyle. I am so thankful for my trip and also for HEAL ministries. HEAL has taught me about serving. 
It has taught me that we are called to serve orphans and widows and people in distress; it states that very clearly in the Bible. Because of HEAL’s work with the people of Uganda, I was able to see the Lord at work in a place very far away from home. HEAL has already formed such strong bonds with the people there and it was an honor to be a part of that for three weeks. These ladies love what HEAL is doing through their ministry and the James Place. Seeing their excitement has helped me to reevaluate what is important in my life and has made me begin to prayerfully consider what I need to do to help.
 

Kayleigh Land, Harpeth Hall Winterim 2013 team


"Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord."   Romans 12:10-11








No comments:

Post a Comment

About H.E.A.L. Ministries...

My photo
H.E.A.L.’s vision is to bring hope and healing to widows, orphans, and abandoned women and children in a Christ-centered environment. HEAL Ministries was founded on James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."