Monday, November 02, 2009

I wanted to post a few smiling faces that I got to spend the day with......the biggest problem is picking five pictures for each posting!  Please go to the Heal Ministries facebook group or Tina Weir facebook and look at all the pictures for this particular Belize mission trip.  



Perhaps one of the best gifts that I have ever received was today before going to dinner.  After working all day with the school children and having my heart full of joy because of the contagious laughter all around, I did not think the day could get any better.  At the hotel where I am staying in Corozal, the local children rang the bell and asked for me.  They presented me with birthday flowers that they picked.   I don't know of anything that has ever touched my heart in such an emotional way.  Knowing where these children live, knowing how intentional they were to please and express their love might be my all time number one lesson learned in living out the word of God.  These children were "Jesus in the skin" for me today.  I am so thrilled to be here and to be able to experience two different churches (one in Belize City and one in Corozal). Here, where I am supposed to be assisting and helping and yet, they do more for me than I could ever do for them......here, where I am supposed to be seeking what God has me here for........here where love is found all around..........here for such a blessed time as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About H.E.A.L. Ministries...

My photo
H.E.A.L.’s vision is to bring hope and healing to widows, orphans, and abandoned women and children in a Christ-centered environment. HEAL Ministries was founded on James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."