Thursday, November 05, 2009






Last night on the Oct/Nov Belize mission trip.  I looked through some pictures before calling it a night and posted a few that tell a story for the past two weeks.  The students all laughing and playing at both Unity Presbyterian School in Belize City in the burial grounds........the students all laughing and playing at Concepcion School just outside of Corozal Town, the sweet baby in Calcutta village that represents all the babies that I visited.....some with parents......some not.....the Betsons picture full of laughter, Arturo's sweet smile at church and Esther's love with her children at school........ The entire trip is full of laughter......the joy and laughter that comes from knowing Christ.  The only faces that I recall that did not have this was in the orphanage.....on this rainy, sad last day.  It is such a symbolic story of hopelessness with no smiles........and the Lord shining through His people.  We are called to help the helpless.  For the depth of love that God gives us......how can we ignore His pleas?  
I look forward to bringing teams back to this land that I love to serve God.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"  Matthew 25: 35-36

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina,

    I finally got around to visting your blog - thank you for sharing your work through words and pictures. The faces of the children are so powerful - they bring me straight back to the memories of joyful kiddos at the Belize VBS. I am sad to hear that some orphanages are full of listless children with little love; that must have been hard for you to see. Thank you for the work that you do in the name of Christ.

    Jessica Smith

    ReplyDelete

About H.E.A.L. Ministries...

My photo
H.E.A.L.’s vision is to bring hope and healing to widows, orphans, and abandoned women and children in a Christ-centered environment. HEAL Ministries was founded on James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."